I Can't Swim, But I Did It! :-)


So, we had been so curious to see how the famous beautiful islands of Lombok look like. The islands that is said as heaven on earth, where the atolls are around, where the tourist partying from dusk til dawn.
That morning we started our journey at 9 a.m. from Senggigi Beach. We sailed in a private boat, which means that there were no other passengers but Jeff and me. It took 1 hour to sail in that wooden boat, with magnificent sceneries around.
I was amazed to see the beauty of the islands: coral reefs, white sand, clear water, and no car are allowed in that island. First we took a ride on a horse car called “Cidomo” to see around the first island, Gili Trawangan. Next we also visited the turtle hatchery, before we moved to the second island, Gili Meno.

People always said that when you come to Gili, you must see the beauty of underwater world. But how come, I can’t swim…But all my fears of getting drawn faded as I saw the crystal water. I finally decided to do that. YES, Snorkeling!

With the life jacket to keep me floating and snorkel that always went in wrong direction so I tasted the salty sea water, I managed to do that. Of course, I could only float well with the hands of Rizal, our boat captain and Jeff, my dear boyfriend around…

It was beautiful. I swam with the fish below, with the living corals… that later also wounded my knees. Ouch!

me and wooden boats, on the crystal clear water...

the northern beach of Gili Trawangan

no car, no motor! so here we are, with our Cidomo...

coral...coral..coral..

We didn’t stay longer to witness the famous all night beach parties, nor visiting the third island, Gili Air. But I guess am a lucky girl.
I witnessed another beauty of the earth…