I Fall in Love to The Little Prince

One of my French teachers in Indonesia said that once I have enough comprehension in French, I must read a marvelous work of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Le Petit Prince . In English, he is called as The Little Prince. Understanding The Little Prince was my biggest motivation in my early days in France. I guess I fell in love with him long before I met him. So, I was always thinking of making it the first book written in french that I read completely, and I did. I had those book on my dining table on a Palm Sunday from Mr. and Mrs. Bertholy, the parents of the family where I stay now. I got the English and French version, which then gave me deeper comprehension on the story.

The book looks simple, with a simple drawing of the little prince figure at the cover. Yet, the words there strucked my mind deeply. I do fall in love to this book due all its simplicity. St. Exupéry didn't use any sophisticated words in it. Yet, he made it so sweet and innocent. I am a bit ashamed then, to realize that once I've ever thought that if I would like to create a memorable book, I should be precisely using those sophistication to make my reader feels impressed. I guess I felt that way after I read Supernova by Dee... But now, this Little Prince is such an enlightement for me. It looks like he convey a message, "you can go deeper in simplicity!"

He digged into the ideas of relationships, love, tamed heart and the essence of the actions done by human. How he positioned this Little Prince makes you get involved into his compassion on him, the compassion of the Little Prince and the little rose, the way they protect the ones that they love...

One of my favorite is "it is only with one's heart that one see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye".
Also, about friendship. You, who feels lonely in your busy days might laugh bitterly on it; "Man have no more time to understand anything. They buy ready-made things in the shops. But since there are no shops where you can buy friends, men no longer have any friends."

You really must read all chapters then you get the sense of it. Then, you'll understand why I fall in love to the Little Prince...